Databases for All Schools
- EBSCOhost Web - Searchable full text of multiple databases (e.g. Academic Search, Health Source, ERIC, Business Source, History, Science, Biography, Library Abstracts, Professional Development, Green File), including over 170 professional and scholarly journals.
- Literary Reference Center - The primary goal of LRC is to assist students with homework and research assignments of a literary nature.
- NoveList - Comprehensive readers’ advisory solution for fiction lovers. NoveList will help you to answer the question of what to read next.
- Points of View - A full text database designed to assist researchers in understanding the full scope of controversial subjects.
- Referencia Latina - Spanish language reference database.
- Legal Information Reference Center - Contains more than 310 full-text publications and thousands of legal forms. Offers the everyday user the necessary tools and detailed “how-to” instructions to independently address a wide-range of legal issues.
- Small Business Reference Center - Provides up to date information on relevant topics from starting a company, operations management and sales, to growing or rescuing a business.
- Explora- Supports both student research and classroom instruction
Jersey Clicks - Databases that cover subjects such as health, history, business, education, science, current events, literature, and popular fiction. Medline Plus, Womenshealth.gov, Contemporary Authors to name a few. (login with student barcode)
Databases and eBooks for Both High Schools
- Issues - Offers authoritative historical context, expert perspective & selected primary and secondary sources on the most important issues of the day.
- World at War - Presents comprehensive information and unique insights into the military conflicts that have defined our world's identity from its beginning to today.
- Modern Genocide - Comprehensive examination of 10 modern genocides, including primary documents. Hundreds of entries on atrocities, organizations, individuals, and more.
- Pop Culture Universe - Examines what society as has found interesting, entertaining, or worthy of adulation, revealing rare sociological and historical insights.
Facts on File Programs:
- Bloom's Literary Reference - Examines great writers, important works, memorable characters, and influential movements and events in world literature.
- Curriculum Resource Center - Provides a library of printable teacher-handout material for the middle school, high school, and junior college curriculum.
- Ferguson's Career Guidance Center - Features detailed profiles of more than 3,300 jobs and 94 industries, invaluable advice on career skills, more than 48,000 resource entries, and much more!
- Health Reference Center - Clear and comprehensive information on conditions and diseases, health and wellness, mental health, and the human body.
History Online - Six cross-searchable databases:
Science Online - Presents a broad range of scientific disciplines through extensive definitions, essays, diagrams, biographies, and experiments.
Gale (Infotrac) Programs:
- Gale Virtual Reference Library - eBooks:
eBooks for H.S. North Only / eBooks for H.S. South Only - This extensive collection of E-books, digitized from the print versions, contains over 350,000 documents. Includes publications from wide-ranging disciplines: Arts, Biography, Business, Education, Environment, History, Law, Literature, Medicine, Multicultural Studies, Nation and World, Religion, Science and Social Science.
- Global Issues in Context - Offers international viewpoints on a broad spectrum of global issues, topics, and current events. Includes unique "perspectives" articles written by local experts, reference, periodical, primary source, statistical information, and extensive multimedia.
- Literature Resource Center - Provides access to biographies, bibliographies, critical analyses of authors, novelists, poets, essayists, and journalists by name, title, literary movement or literary theme. Includes recommended web sites.
- Opposing Viewpoints In Context - Access viewpoint articles, topics, statistics, primary documents, links to websites, & full-text magazine and newspaper articles. Science In Context - Thousands of science topics, experiments, biographies, pictures and illustrations. Illustrations.
- U.S. History In Context - More than 1,000 historical documents, 30,000 reference articles, 65 full-text journals covering themes, events, persons & periods in U.S. History.
- World History In Context - Draws on themes & trends from World History. Full-text articles from academic journals, maps & images and primary source documents.
Databases for High School South Only
Salem History - Includes the complete content of the following printed reference sets:
- The Decades - Salem's critically acclaimed American history series - which includes: The Twenties in America, The Thirties in America, The Forties, in America, The Fifties in America and The Sixties in America, The Seventies in America, The Eighties in America , The Nineties in America and The 2000s in America.
- Great Events From History – Modern Scandals
- Great Lives from History
- Invasions & Conquests
- This is Who we Were
- The Value of a Dollar
- Warrior Peoples
- Working Americans
- Milestone Documents
- The Reference Shelf (current and controversial issues)
- U.S. Supreme Court
- World Political Issues
- American Presidents & First Ladies
- Ancient World: Extraordinary People in Extraordinary Societies
- Countries, Peoples & Cultures
- Defining Documents in American History
- Famous First Facts
Salem Literature - Includes Classics reviews; Critical insights on select authors, films, themes, works; Critical survey of American Literature; Cyclopedia of Literary Characters & Places; Magill’s Literary Annuals.
NoodleBib - Simplifies the process of creating and editing MLA and APA source lists.
- CultureGrams - Daily life and culture for over 200 countries, the U.S. and Canada.
- eLibrary Curriculum Edition - Content specifically for K-12 schools, including more than 2,000 full-text and media sources.
- History Study Center - Historical reference from ancient to modern times.
- Proquest Learning Literature - Full-text literary resources, including criticism.
- Proquest Historical Newspapers - Cover to cover, full-page images from 1851 to 2001:
- Historical Newspapers (Graphical): New York Times 1851-2004
- Historical Newspapers (Traditional): 1851-2005 (New York Times, Los Angeles Times, Washington Post, Christian Science Monitor)
FactCite: Defining Moments - Defining Moments series contains authoritative, useful historical resources that will be of value to anyone interested in learning more about America’s past—and in understanding how those defining historical events continue to reverberate in the twenty-first century.