Art I & II - Mrs. Skibinski
105 Sketchbook Challenges
This year you will complete a large sketchbook assignment for class work in your Fine Arts course.
You are not limited to pencil; in fact you can use any medium that will work on sketchbook paper. If you decide to use a medium that will not work on sketchbook paper like watercolor or pen and ink, simply work on the appropriate paper. Cut the paper so it is the same size or smaller than your sketchbook paper and glue it into your sketchbook.
Your first assignment is to create a drawing about the end of summer or Fall. Your second assignment is to create an introduction page. These will count towards your five sketches for the first marking period. The introduction page should include your name, the year, and the period you take art. Please include a quote which captures how you feel about art making.
The 105 sketchbook challenges are divided into three categories: Themes, Observational Drawing, and Design /Illustration Projects. Please read over each category description and its related challenges.
1. All I want to do when I get home….
2. My wedding
3. My dream room
4. The secret
5. A true hero
6. Picking up the pieces
7. Favorite food, or foods
8. Waiting for the bus
9. On the train today
10. Lost in space
11. Is anyone listening to me?
12. Working out
13. After the rain
14. Here we go again.
15. You will never believe what happened today!
16. Are you going to the __________?
19. Nightfall will be coming soon
20. Trapped in an elevator
21. I want that car!
22. Opening Pandora’s box
23. I was so excited about…
24. I am so disappointed
25. Dream vacation
26. The city
27. Don’t look at me!
28. Happy Birthday!
32. Running out of time
38. Up all night
42. A fairy tale
43. A character
44. The path ahead
45. Let it go
50. At the beach
60. A creature
63. Hanging out
65. Its worth the effort
66. Lost in a maze
67. Your choice
Observational Drawing: Observational drawing is drawing from life not from a picture or your imagination. Please write the number and name of the theme in the lower right corner AND the date you are handing it in.
68. Observational Drawing: Shoes
69. Observational drawing: Soap
70. Observational Drawing: A corner of your room
71. Observational Drawing: Your lunch
72. Observational drawing: Jeans
73. Observational drawing: A bicycle
74. Observational drawing: A stack of books
75. Observational drawing: A still life of three or more of your favorite things
76. Observational drawing: A still life of three or more objects from the kitchen
77. Observational Drawing: Keys
78. Observational Drawing: A person
79. Observational Drawing: A pet
80. Observational Drawing: Outside your window
81. Observational Drawing: Portrait
82. Observational Drawing: Your Choice
Design /Illustration Projects: You are given a specific project your goal is to complete this task in a way that that highly original. Please write the number and name of the theme in the lower right corner AND the date you are handing it in.
83. Illustrate your favorite song or a lyric to your favorite song
84. Illustrate a quote
85. Pay tribute to a person
86. Create a cartoon character
87. Create a comic strip
88. Redesign a logo
89. Create a monogram
90. Design a new dollar bill
91. Design a new chain restaurant
92. Redesign your bedroom
93. Redesign the exterior of this school.
94. Create a design for a mural in this school
95. Create a design for the school year book.
96. Design a new game for play station
97. Design a new ipod/mp3 player
98. Redesign a car
99. Design a boat
100. Design a roller coaster
101. Design a store
102. Design a clothing line
103. Design a book cover
104. Design CD cover
105. Design/redesign something of your choice