Cell Phone Camera Apps for adjusting exposure settingsPlease note: This list has been compiled to provide students with suggestions for programs that can complement the native programs in cell phone cameras. These programs offer features helpful in specific photographic situations; however, students are NOT required or obligated in any way to download special apps in order to complete project assignments. The teacher can show them how to use the native programs in their digital cameras and/or cell phone cameras to bracket exposure. (See below.)Students are told in class never to download any app without specific parent / guardian permission. Students are also told to “read the fine print” to make sure the app is entirely safe and offers the features they really want.What is Exposure Bracketing?How can I bracket exposure using the camera built into my cell phone?
Here’s one website that compares some of the apps available for iPhone:Great App for both iPhone and Android type cell phones:Apps for iPhone
- Adobe Light Room (also available for android phones on Google Play)
- ProCamera + (9.1) (This app offers them most complete manual controls.)
- PRO CONTROL
Your phone can now have the same kinds of controls as found on a DSLR camera. Set values for exposure time, ISO sensitivity and white balance (color temperature & tint). MANUAL FOCUS- Focus with a simple swipe on the viewfinder.
- Read more about this app here: http://www.procamera-app.com/
- Click here to watch an excellent video showing how this app works.
- Here is another great tutorial video (Click here.)
- Camera + (Very easy iPhone app to use for exposure bracketing assignments)
- Camera+ helps you use your iPhone to shoot the best photos you possibly can. Packed with several handy features that your standard camera app doesn’t include. Tap to set controls let you set exposure separately from focus. Use the stabilizer to steady your iPhone and get the sharpest photos you can. Up to 6× digital zoom.
- Pure Shot
- Long Exposure –Free (good for special effects like ghost photos or white outline / rim light effects)
- slow shutter cam
Apps for Android(Please note: Some features may not be available on all devices, as they may depend on hardware or camera features, the Android version, etc.)
- Camera FV-5 (There is a free version of this app, but the pro version has more complete settings and other features.)
This camera application completely avoids scene modes, instead you get full manual control over all photographic parameters, just like you do with a reflex camera, so you can ultimately control every aspect of the picture, and leave the post-processing to the computer. So after your DSLR, you will never miss a photo opportunity again, being able to capture it with the closer sensation to your DSLR as possible.
- MANUAL CAMERA (A very good app but not compatible with all droid devices - check before downloading.)
- Manual Camera is an Android camera app that offers FULL Manual Control:
- Manual Shutter Speed
- Manual Focus Distance
- Manual ISO
- Manual White Balance
- Manual Exposure Compensation
- Because it offers all these features, it is a little more complicated to use than some of the other apps.
- A BETTER CAMERA
- All-purpose, full featured camera for Android:
* HDR+ photo and video
* Time lapse (video and photo)
* Pre-shot: negative shutter lag
* RAW capture (depends on device)
* Manual controls (focus and shutter speed priority)
* full access to all Camera features
- DSLR CAMERA PRO
- HD Camera Ultra
- Snap Camera HDR
Apps you can use to create special effects photos (like double exposure "ghost" photos Droid iPhone Little Photo Link for info about Little Photo Mexpose Link for info about Mexpose Apps that will let you select long exposure settings (for white outline type images) Camera FV-5 Link for info Camera FV-5 Slow Shutter Cam Link for info about Slow Shutter Cam Long Exposure Camera 2 Link for info about Long Exposure Camera 2 LongExpo Link for info about LongExpo