Mark your calendar!MHSN DANCE TEAM - SUMMER CAMPMHSN Dance Team Coach, Tara Mahoney, will hold summer dance camp in the High School North Auditorium August 14 to August 18 from 9:00am - 12:00 pm.
The MHSN Dance team is designed to give students the opportunity to be actively involved with the high school community through dance arts affiliation either in the capacity of collaborative arts planning, or in a performance nature. The dance team will heighten dance arts awareness while promoting the growth and development of individuals to foster and maintain fitness and contribute to social, personal, and artistic values.Camp is open to all interested dancers grades 9-12; prior experience not required. The focus of camp will be technical training and choreography of half time performance routines. ... All dancers must have physicals as per school athletic participation policy. Physical forms can be found on website.Questions or more information contact Tara Mahoney at Mahoneyt@middletownk12.org
- SUMMER CAMP 2017
- MONDAY JULY 17th - FRIDAY JULY 21st
- 2pm - 6pm
- Location: "The Den" (MHS North Lower Gym)
- Click here to open a flyer with full details.
MIDDLETOWN BASEBALL ACADEMY SUMMER CAMPS 2017
- Organized and Directed by Middletown H.S. North Head Baseball Coach, Justin Nathanson
- Camp #1 - "Prospect Camp" (Grades 6-9 ONLY as of September 2017)
- July 10-13, 2017, 9AM-12PM (Rain Date - July 14, 2017)
- Camp #2 - "Future Stars Camp" (Grades 1-5 ONLY as of September 2017)
- July 17-20, 2017, 9AM-12PM (Rain Date - July 21, 2017)
- Camp #3 - - "Pitching and Catching Camp" (Grades 3-9 ONLY as of September 2017)
- July 24-26, 2017, 9AM-12PM (Rain Date - July 27, 2017)
- 100% ONLINE REGISTRATION @ www.middletownbaseballacademy.com
- Space is limited for all 3 camp weeks
- "Early Lion" registration until March 15, 2017 - enter coupon code to receive discount.
- Click here to open a flyer with more information.
DO DAMAGE BASEBALL / SOFTBALL2017 SUMMER CAMP
Lion Pride Basketball Camp
- GRADES: K-12 LOCATION: Middletown HS South (Baseball) / Normandy Park (Softball)
- June 26th-29th + 7/1-7/2
- Tourney (H.S. Baseball Camp, Grades 9-12)
- July 10th-13th (Baseball & Softball, K-9) /July 17th-20th (Baseball ONLY, K-9)
- CAMP TIMES: 9AM-12PM. (Tourney times TBA)
- Click here for complete details and REGISTRATION FORM
BAYSHORE ADVENTURE PROGRAM AT LEONARDO STATE MARINA
- Camp Director: Mike Iasparro
- Boys and Girls - Grades 2-8
- Where: Middletown North H.S.
- Week 1 July 10 - 14
- Week 2 July 17 - 21
- Week 3 July 24 - 28
- Week 4 July 31 - Aug 4
- Time: 9 am - 1 pm
- To open a brochure with full details and registration form, click here.
- The Bayshore Adventure Program is a fun and exciting learning experience for kids entering 3rd to 6th grade, ages 8-11 to connect with and explore their marine environment. Program leaders from Leonardo State Marina and Conserve Wildlife Foundation's educators will facilitate hands-on activities that foster exploration and discovery!
- July 31-August 4, August 7-11 and August 14-18, 2017
- 9 AM - 12 PM Daily
- Click here to open a flyer with complete details.
MONMOUTH COUNTY PARKS SYSTEM - Click here to open a link to the Monmouth County Park System website.SUMMER CAMPS 2017Sports Camps and Traditional Summer Camp Programs
- Dorbrook Recreation Area (Route 537, Colts Neck)
Performing Arts Camps
SANDY HOOK LITTLE LEAGUE online registration is now open.
Middletown Public Library
Summer Reading Programs for All
- June at the MTPL
- - Click here to open a calendar with special events happening this month at the MTPL.
- Middletown Public Library is located at 55 New Monmouth Road in Middletown.
- Our library offers many family friendly events. For more information, please contact Middletown Public Library at 732-671-3700 or visit www.mtpl.org.
- Click here to go directly to the Middletown Public Library website.
NEW!!! - Make the most of your family time! Check out MUSEUM PASSES just like you would check out a book!Students - you can now apply for a Middletown Public Library Card through your school.Any student who would like to have a library card - click on this application form link, then print out the application, have it filled out and signed by a parent, then return it to school, the SOONER THE BETTER (deadline is Tuesday, May 23, 2017). Principals will forward all applications to the Middletown Board of Education Curriculum Office. They will send all of the applications to the Middletown Township Public Library, which will issue library cards to students providing there are no outstanding fines on previously held cards.
- Middletown Township - Friends of Different Learners
- MTFOdl is an parent organization established to...
- Promote inclusion and acceptance of students with special needs and learning difficulties in school and extracurricular activities
- Serve as a resource to parents
- Collaborate with district administrators to positively affect policies, practices, and programs for students with IEPs and 504s
- Girl Scout Facts:
- *Girl Scouts has been the largest girl-serving organization in the world.
- *70% of professional women and 2/3 of female Congressional leaders are Girl Scouts.
- *Many colleges, universities, private corporations and foundations offer Girl Scouts scholarship money for higher education.
- *Last year, our Girl Scouts earned more than 13,500 hours of community service.
- *The Girl Scouts of the Jersey Shore gives more than 11,000 girls right in Monmouth and Ocean counties the tools and skills they need to reach their fullest potential and become the leaders of tomorrow.
- Girl Scouts provide experiences that prepare every G.I.R.L. for a lifetime of leadership.
- CLICK HERE to open a brochure that provides more information about G.I.R.L. power.
- Join Girl Scouts today
- JerseyShoreGirlScouts.org/join or call 800.785.2090
Fire Service Exploring Post 911 in Middletown- invites young people who are 15-20 years old to join them.What is Exploring? Exploring is Learning For Life's career education program. Its purpose is to provide experiences to help young people mature and to prepare them to become responsible and caring adults. Explorer posts can specialize in a variety of career skills.
Rutgers University - Research Study- Sandy Recovery Focus Groups
- A team of researchers from Rutgers School of Social Work and New York University is hoping to enlist the assistance of young adults and their parents to participate in their Sandy recovery study. The team first began the Sandy Child and Family Health Study in 2014 with a project representative of 1 million New Jersey residents, and are continuing their work by focusing more closely on the long-term impacts of the storm on children, young adults, and their families. They are looking for people to participate in focus groups that they are holding across the state.
- Participants who are selected to participate will each receive a $40 gift card for their participation in an hour-long focus group. These focus groups will be hosted in South Jersey (Atlantic City and Cape May), in Central Jersey (Sayreville), and in North Jersey (Mahwah and Jersey City). The team of researchers are looking for young adults between the ages of 15 and 22, and a parent or caregiver who lived with this young adult when Hurricane Sandy struck.
- The original study was funded by the New Jersey Department of Health and the current study is funded by the New Jersey Department of Children and Families. Findings from the study are shared with public officials, community advocates, organizations, and residents. The team's reports are intended to enable the State of New Jersey – and its residents – to better prepare for and respond to the needs of affected communities in the face of disastrous events, and to help other states prepare as well.
- Click here to open a flyer with complete details and information about how to apply to participate in this study.
Appeal from Two Students at Bayshore:
Fundraiser to Support Our Middletown Police Department
- My brother and I started this project so we could raise money for the K9 Unit while also showing our Police Department that Middletown residents and beyond our town Back Our Blue. We believe we should honor all police officers. Based on the huge response we got the majority of people in our town do too.
- Because of YOUR support and generosity, we were able to give $2,020 dollars to the police department from our first online store. Our good friends Renee & Don Anglum at Destination Athlete are so generous and we are very thankful for their help. Once again, for EVERY item you buy, TEN DOLLARS will go directly back to our Police Dept. $10!! If you prefer you may also make a direct donation without purchasing any clothing.
- For our new store, we added additional items and design. Below is a link to the online store where you can purchase tee shirts, hoodies, zip up hoodies. Let’s show our police department that the residents of Middletown will always have their back!
- PLEASE tell your friends. Help us share the store link below on social media and thru email
- Thank you for supporting our K9 unit and helping us show all of our officers that we are thankful for their service and are proud of them.
- Click here to open a flyer about this project.