MIDDLETOWN H.S. NORTH PARKING 2020-2021
online form (https://forms.gle/jEhwT85ZR1L7b6Gy8)
- No student may park on school premises without a parking permit.
- Juniors and Seniors who wish to drive must complete the parking application using their school email.
- Parking is a privilege and may be revoked for leaving school premises without permission and any other violation of school rules, including violation of the District’s drug and alcohol policies. Please refer to the Student Handbook on the school
- The speed limit on all school roadways is 15 mph. Drivers must observe all speed limits, directional arrows, traffic signs posted and crossing guards.
- Parking regulations are strictly enforced.
- Any violations of parking or driving regulations may result in:
- Revocation of parking privilege
- Vehicle being towed from school property at owner’s expense
- Suspension from school
- Enforcement of the district’s substance abuse policy
- Summons issued
PARKING STICKERS WILL BE PLACED ON YOUR VEHICLE BY SECURITY DURING SCHOOL HOURS.
YOU MAY NOT PARK ON CAMPUS UNTIL YOU HAVE BEEN ASSIGNED A PARKING SPOT NUMBER.
As we approach the start of the 2020-2021 school year, there are many things to look forward to on the North campus including the ability to park on school property.
Understand that with this privilege comes responsibility.
1. Complete the online form (https://forms.gle/jEhwT85ZR1L7b6Gy8).
2. Students are to upload the following information to mhsnstudentparking@
- a. Driver’s License
- b. Insurance card
- c. Registration card
- d. Picture of the License plate with Kyleigh sticker decal affixed appropriately (Kyleigh's Law (S2314) is a
motor vehicle law in New Jersey which requires any driver under age 21 who holds a permit or
probationary driver's license to display a pair of decals on the top left corner of the front and rear
license plates of their vehicles. The decals are mandatory as of May 1, 2010).
3. RDAT form, printed and signed
4. $10 parking permit fee to be paid at: MYSCHOOLBUCKS.COM (an invoice will be sent to you)
The online form (https://forms.gle/jEhwT85ZR1L7b6Gy8) should be completed and submitted prior to parking on campus.
- Parking of student vehicles on school property is a privilege extended to students who have applied for and successfully obtained an official parking permit.
- When the vehicle registration is properly completed, the student will be issued a permit.
- STUDENTS WILL RECEIVE AN EMAIL WITH THEIR ASSIGNED SPOT NUMBER, WHERE THEY SHOULD PARK WHEN ON CAMPUS. REQUESTS TO CHANGE SPOT NUMBERS WILL NOT BE ACCOMMODATED. SENIOR PARKING WILL BE IN THE MAIN PARKING LOT IN FRONT OF THE FOOTBALL FIELD. JUNIORS WILL PARK IN THE REAR LOT AND SIDE LOT OFF SWARTZEL DRIVE.
- SECURITY WILL ADHERE THE PERMIT TO THE LOWER PORTION OF THE REAR WINDOW ON THE PASSENGER SIDE OF THE VEHICLE DURING SCHOOL HOURS. THERE ARE NO EXCEPTIONS TO THIS REQUIREMENT.
- Parking permits are non-transferable. All students sharing or attempting to share permits will lose parking privileges for the remainder of the school year.
- Unregistered vehicles may not be parked on school property by students nor may any students without a parking permit park on school property. These vehicles will be towed from the school property immediately at the owner’s expense.
- All numbered spots are designated for students.
- YOU MAY ONLY PARK IN YOUR ASSIGNED SPOT WHICH CORRESPONDS WITH YOUR PERMIT NUMBER.
- If students need to drive a different vehicle to school, they must notify the Main Office immediately upon arrival to school to avoid discipline and/or the vehicle being towed.
- The School District has and reserves the right to conduct vehicle searches based upon either a reasonable suspicion of illegal activity by a student with a parking permit or a reasonable suspicion of illegal substances being in the vehicle.
- In addition, the School District has and reserves the right to conduct random searches of any vehicle parked on school property at any time. Students directed to cooperate in such searches are required to do so, or may lose their parking privileges and/or be referred to the Middletown Police Department.
- Students may not use their vehicles to leave school property during the school day, except with the express, written permission of a school administrator. Any student using his or her vehicle during the day without the express, written permission will lose parking privileges. This will be strictly enforced.
- Parking on school property is a privilege and not a right of any student. As such, parking privileges may be denied or revoked as a result of disciplinary infractions, out-of-school suspensions, excessive unexcused absences or excessive tardiness.
- All parking on school property is at the risk of the owner and driver of the vehicle. The School District is not responsible for any damage to any vehicle on school property.
- Violations of any or all of the above will also result in disciplinary action in addition to the revocation of parking privileges. Please review the Code of Conduct in the Student Handbook for specifics.
- In order to receive a parking permit, the student must complete the Automobile Parking Application/Registration and RDAT Form. These forms must be signed by both parent/guardian and student. Submitting these forms indicates you agree to the above terms. If you do not submit a signed form, you will not receive a parking permit. Please keep the above information for your records.