During the week of September 8-11, 2020 MHSN teachers will be hosting Virtual Re Entry meetings for families that would like to touch base with one of their children's teachers to discuss the 2020/21 school year.
- Parents that would like to attend a Re Entry meeting are to email their child's 1A teacher to set up an appointment.
- Appointments will happen virtually next Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from the hours of 9:00 am - 12:00 pm and 1:00 - 3:00 pm.
- Meetings can last up to 30 minutes.
- 1A teachers will be working with parents on appointment scheduling.
AM vocational students do not have a block 1A in the building, families of AM vocational students can reach out to their child's guidance counselor to schedule a re entry meeting with the counselor.
- American Sign Language 1A students should reach out to Mr. Joe Trezza for their re entry meeting, email@example.com.
For families that can't attend a re entry meeting, please consider joining the MHSN Parent Forum 4 pm today, September 3, 2020
- Join the forum or follow the link: https://zoom.us/j/
- Or join by Telephone: +1 346 248 7799
- Webinar ID: 995 9210 1123
In order to help guide your conversation with your child's 1A teacher, a committee of educators have come up with questions/topics for you to review. We hope this serves as a helpful starting point for your conversation.
Some talking point may include:
- How have you/your student been doing?
- What has your experience been like since school has been closed?
- What is on your mind as you think about this school year? What are your biggest hopes and/or worries?
- Do you have any specific social or emotional concerns? (i.e. student is worried, anxious, frustrated, overwhelmed, confused etc.)
- Do you have any significant mental health concerns you want communicated to a counselor?
- Are there any specific areas you would like resources/information on?
- During distance learning in the spring, how challenging was your child’s schoolwork?
- During distance learning in the spring, how engaged was your child with their schoolwork?
- What will help you/your child learn this upcoming year?
- Are there any curricular deficiencies that you feel your child needs to improve on in the wake of last year’s virtual instruction?
- Any other questions/concerns/comments?