Girls on the Run Virtual Fall Program
Girls on the run is a social and emotional wellness program for girls in the grades 3-5 and 6-8 that teaches life sills through dynamic, conversation-based lessons and running games. The goal of the program is to unleash confidence through accomplishment while establishing a lifetime appreciation of health and fitness.
As many youth face changes and new challenges during the ongoing COVID-19 health crisis, Girls on the Run offers girls a safe space to have their social emotional wellbeing supported.
For girls who are missing friends and mentors: GOTR provides connection.
For girls who are feeling fearful or insecure: GOTR provides a space where identifying and embracing emotions is practiced and normalized.
For girls who are missing out on interpersonal skill building: GOTR teaches relationship and communication skills.
For girls who would benefit from structure and decision making: GOTR encourages goal setting.
How it Works
- Girls meet twice a week for 8 weeks for 60 minutes on Zoom or Google Meet.
- Each virtual team will be led by two trained volunteer coaches.
- Girls will receive and 8 weeks physical activity challenge with weekly goals.
- Girls will be mailed a colorful journal with activity sheets, t-shirts and medal.
- At end of season girls will participate in a special celebration activity.
Middletown Elementary Schools. Open to all girls in grades 3-5. Tuesday and Thursday 5-6 p.m.
The program starts the week of September 28th.
Teams are limited to 12 girls. Register by visiting www.gotrcnj.org.
For more information contact Donna York, firstname.lastname@example.org, or by calling 908-642-4321.