Important Messages -
2022-2023 School Community Information
Get involved! Click here to view Thorne's Clubs & Activities! Listen to daily announcements for signups!
Back to School Night: September 22, 2022 at 6 PM
Title I Annual Parent Meeting
Date: October 11, 2022 at 6:30 PM
Please join us as we provide information to parents about Title I, Part A of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA). Title I is the federal program that allocates funding to local school districts to improve the academic achievement of low performing students, particularly in English Language Arts and/ or Math. At this meeting, we will talk about our Title I program in addition to the following items:
- How your child was identified for Title I services
- The assessments we use and what they mean
- How we will help your child meet state proficiency goals
- Activities that you can do at home to help your child succeed
- How you can be involved in the Title I program at school
- District and School-Level Parental Involvement Policies
- School-Parent Compact
Thorne Guidance Counselors, Case Managers, SAC & Nurse are here to support you during the school year. We are available during normal school hours (7:50AM-2:45PM). Please reach out via email with any questions or concerns that you may have.
Guidance Counselors can be reached via e-mail or at the following extensions:
6th Grade: Mr. Cory Tirpack:email@example.com x7707
7th Grade: Mrs. Christina McQuillan: firstname.lastname@example.org x7708
8th Grade: Ms. Chelsea Kacmarsky: email@example.com x7706
Follow us on Twitter: @ThorneGuidance
Child Study Team can be reached via e-mail or at the following extensionsMrs. Wagner: firstname.lastname@example.org x7718Ms. Frees: email@example.com x7717Dr. Kabay: firstname.lastname@example.org x7779
District Mission Statement and Beliefs
The Middletown Township Public School District, in partnership with our resourceful and
historically rich community, provides students with a rigorous and relevant education,
rooted in the New Jersey Student Learning Standards, motivating them to recognize
and develop their full potential as responsible citizens, contributing to an ever-evolving
We believe we must function as a united community to...
1. Meet every student’s unique and individual needs, in a safe and nurturing
2. Prepare students for innovative opportunities in a rapidly evolving global society,
in which technology is integral.
3. Inspire, engage, and challenge students and staff to make the commitment to
become lifelong learners, both within and beyond the classroom walls.
4. Provide all students equitable opportunities for personal development by
maintaining progressive resources.
5. Support the success of our children, who are our future.
Harassment, Intimidation & Bullying
District Anti-Bullying Coordinator
732-671-3850 Ext. 1026
THORNE'S ANTI-BULLYING SPECIALIST
Thorne School 2020-2021 ABBR grade is 77 out of 78
The District 2020-2021 ABBR grade is 74 out of 78
MTPS HIB Grades for the School Self-Assessment for Determining Grades
under the Anti-Bullying Bill of Rights
NJ Children's System of Care (PerformCare)NJ Children's System of Care (PerformCare) provides all children and adolescents – regardless of insurance status - with coordinated access to mental health supports, substance use treatment and services for intellectual and developmental disabilities. Contact information is below.